Information on this page is provided to enhance your comprehension of uniform policies established within the updated AR 670-1 and the new accompanying DA Pam.
AR 670-1 and DA Pam 670-1 are located on the Army Publishing Directorate's web page at the following links:
NOTE: If previous versions of publications or training appear after clicking the link, please clear your internet history and/or restart your machine. This will clear your cache and delete any old pages stored on your computer.
What's NewTraining Package
The following links provide training to coincide with current uniform policies
This training covers most significant uniform policy changes. The following links provide portions of the training, including an introduction and closing by the Sergeant Major of the Army.
Click here to download the PDF version of the full training.
- Sergeant Major of the Army Introduction (Video)
- Punitive Policies & Separate Publications (PDF)
- Male Grooming Standards (PDF)
- NEW! Female Grooming Standards (PDF) Summary of Female Hairstyle Changes (PDF)
- Fingernails, Jewelry & Dental Ornamentation (PDF)
- NEW! Tattoo, Branding & Body Mutilation (PDF)
- NEW! Body Monitor (PDF)
- NEW! Gold Star & Next of Kin Lapel Buttons (PDF)
- Other Updates & Clarification (ID Tags & Glasses; Bags; Wear of Uniforms at National, Regional, & Local Events; Courtesies & Use of Electronic Devices; Official Travel; Civilian Clothes; Umbrella; Insignia Representing Regimental Affiliation; Wear of Badges) (PDF)
- Nominative Senior Enlisted Leader Collar Insignia (PDF)
- How to Recommend Changes (PDF)
- Sergeant Major of the Army Conclusion (Video)
NEW! As an exception to DA Pam 670-1, paragraph 4-1b, the authorized units and/or personnel listed below may wear the Operational Camouflage Pattern (OCP) and Fire Resistant OCP (in areas other than combat areas of operation) during the implementation phase of Army-wide transition to OCP.
- 3rd Ranger Battalion, effective 3 October 2014 (PDF)
- Commanders should start with this sample memo when validating their Soldier's tattoos/brands IAW AR 670-1. Records managers should post the memos and full page photo attachments to the Soldiers' IAW AR 600-8-104. Additional information is available in the training section of this page.