Military Personnel Management
- Force Stabilization ALARACT - PDF 27.5 Kb
- Enlisted Division
- Officer Division
- Operations Division
Enlisted Division - top
Professional Development Branch - top
Enlisted Sustainment & Separations Policies:
Formulates, disseminates and verifies all policies concerning promotions, school selection, reclassification, reenlistment, retention, drawdown programs, and separations. Policy decisions affect Active Army, Reserve Components, and Active Guard Reserve (AGR) enlisted soldiers.
Total Army Retention Program:
Establish and monitor annual Total Army retention policies and objectives.
Enlisted Personnel Management Systems:
Integrate life cycle functions to include promotion, professional development, etc.
- Army G-1 POC for Selective Reenlistment Bonus Pay.
- Coordinate programs required to achieve force manning objectives.
- Army G-1 POC for Army Reserve Forces Policy Council (ARFPC).
- Army G-1 POC for Reserve Components Active Duty Special Work (ADSW) policy.
Distribution and Readiness Branch - top
- HQDA Active Component (AC) Manning Guidance for Fiscal Year (FY) 13-15
- Annex A HQDA EXORD 10-13 FY13-15
- DMPM mobilization POC/establish deployment policy.
- Establish DA policy for enlisted distribution, European troop strength, overseas tour length, stabilization, categories of PCS moves, and soldier readiness program.
- Monitor Total Army personnel readiness.
- Monitor NGB and OCAR FTS AGR programs.
- Army G-1 POC for RCCC and RFPB.
- Army G-1 POC for Soldier Readiness Program.
- Army G-1 POC for Overseas Assignment Policy and Deployment Criteria.
- Process DMO requests.
- Prepare input for annual DMRR and quarterly JMRR.
- Army G-1 POC for Rear Detachment Report Policy
Analytical Cell - top
- Policy Analysis - provide MOS-level analysis on the impacts of policy change recommendations.
- Special projects
Training Requirements Division - top
- Program manager for the Army Training Requirements and Resources Systems (ATRRS).
- Support planning, programming, budgeting and execution of individual training mission.
- Responsible for the integration of Manpower, Personnel and Training policy and plans.
- Link the train function with the structure, acquire, distribute, sustain, and separate personnel functions.
- Develop Army input to training management policy and proponent for AR 350-10, Management of Army Individual Training Requirements and Resources.
- Conduct annual Structure Manning Decision Reviews (SMDR).
- Develop and publish the peacetime and mobilization Army Program for Individual Training (ARPRINT) annually.
- Conduct Training Resource Arbitration Panel (TRAP) to manage execution year training program changes.
- Manage training programs of the Total Army School System.
- Plan and coordinate other service, DoD and other government agency training requirements in Army schools.
- ARSTAF coordinator of training requirements for Army personnel in non-Army schools.
- Establish policy and regulatory guidance for input to training analysis.
- DoD Executive agent for input to training within the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) and Armed Forces Information Service (AFIS) training.
Enlisted Accessions Division - top
- Develop and manage annual accession plans for RA and USAR enlisted, RA and USAR AMEDD officer, and all other special categories of accession recruited by USAREC.
- Develop recruiting policies and procedures in support of the above.
- Develop and manage active and reserve component incentives for enlistment and for AMEDD officer accessioning.
- Establish classification/standards for enlistment in all components.
- Act as DoD Executive Agent for support and operation of USMEPCOM.
- Act as Principal ARSTAF point of contact for matters related to the automated personnel systems that support the accessioning process (KEYSTONE, REQUEST, etc.).
- Represent the Army on Joint recruiting related councils, study groups and task forces.
- Advise Army G-1 directors on marketing, advertising, and public affairs issues and programs.
- Develop policy pertaining to Army advertising.
Officer Division - top
- Develop and manage the Total Army Officer Accession Plan.
- Develop accession policy and missions for ROTC, USMA, and OCS.
- Develop warrant officer accession policy and missions for USAREC (Warrant Officers only).
- Establish and monitor policy for direct commission and warrant officer appointments.
- Develop and execute the DOPMA Five Year Promotion and Continuation Plan.
- Develop policy and monitor implementation of officer and warrant officer:
- Selection boards (promotion, schooling and command)
- Reduction boards (SERB, RIF, CVI/RA Probationary)
- Professional development/joint duty management leader development
- Joint officer management
- retention and loss management
- Branching and rebranching
- Selective continuation and retirement
- Develop policy, monitor implementation, and initiate necessary legislative changes for DOPMA, DoD Reorganization Act of 1986 (Title IV), and Title 10, USC, as applied to officers and warrant officers.
- Serve as principal ARSTAF action agent for WOMA and ROPMA.
- Develop and execute plans and policies for builddown of officer/warrant officer corps during Army downsizing.
- Develop policy upon which Officer Distribution Plan is based.
- Act as principal ARSTAF POC for USMA.
- Performs as ARSTAF lead agency for joint duty assignment list (JDAL) review board and other joint acts.
Operations Division - top
- Establish and integrate military and civilian manpower/personnel mobilization and contingency policy.
- Responsible for personnel mobilization policy for Pre-trained Individual Manpower (PIM).
- ARSTAF policy proponent for mobilization of retired members of the Army.
- Responsible for overall Army planning, coordination, execution and evaluation of personnel play in JCS and unilateral Army mobilization and contingency exercises.
- Army proponent for CONUS Replacement Centers (CRC) and Individual Deployment Site (IDS).
- Operate the DCSPER’s Personnel Contingency Cell (PCC).
- DOD Executing Agent for CONUS repatriation plans and operations.
- DOD functional proponent for the Neo Tracking System (NTS) and the Automated Repatriation Reporting System (ARRS).
- Army functional proponent for the Inter-Component Data Transfer System (ICDT).
- Army functional proponent for the development of the Integrated Total Army Personnel Database (ITAPDB).
- Maintain and update DCSPER Emergency Actions Procedures Guide (EAPG).
- PPG: Personnel Policy Guidance