Rest and Recuperation (R&R)
The USCENTCOM R&R Leave Program was implemented to provide eligible members of all Services and DoD civilians who are serving within the USCENTCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR) an opportunity for rest and recuperation as well as aid with temporary family reintegration.
* IMPORTANT NOTICE TO SITE VISITORS *
Phishing (pronounced fishing) is an email scam from persons trying to obtain your personal information for malicious purposes. In some cases they duplicate official web pages or email addresses to make their request appear official. Please remember:
- NEVER GIVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE THAT REQUIRES IT TO BE DONE BY PHONE OR EMAIL UNLESS YOU INITIATE THE CALL AND ARE CERTAIN YOU KNOW TO WHOM YOU'RE GIVING THE INFORMATION.
- ALL OFFICIAL MILITARY EMAIL AND WEBSITE ADDRESSES END IN .MIL NOT .COM. DELETE ANY MESSAGE ORIGINATING FROM AN ADDRESS THAT IS NOT A .MIL ADDRESS.
- NEVER FORWARD SPAM.
- New! Rest and recuperation for the troops June 29, 2011
- Atlanta PAP Recognition (video), Feb 23, 2011
Ceremony held at the Personnel Assistance Point in the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta, Ga., to recognize the agencies that help make the Rest and Recuperation program a success.
- CSA Helps Commemorate 1 Millionth R&R Flier, Jan 11, 2011
Army Chief of Staff Gen. George W. Casey Jr. greets R&R fliers at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport, Jan. 11, the day the one millionth R&R flier arrived in the U.S. Casey and hundreds of 'Welcome Home a Hero' program volunteer greeters participated in a ceremony marking the milestone.
- Theater Gateway Celebrates One-Million R&R Milestone In Kuwait, 10 Jan 11
- Return of millionth service member commemorated at D/FW, 11 Jan 11
- Resource: The Highs and Lows of R&R Leave
- R&R Program Reaches Million Participants, 7 Dec 10
- DoD authorizes non-chargeable recuperation leave for Iraq and Afghanistan, 08 Apr 10
- Combat Troops Now Get Extra Time Off, Army Times, 23 Mar 10
- Official Details New Recuperation Leave Policy, 22 Mar 10
- Combat Troops Gets 15 Days of Leave, Navy Times, 22 Mar 10
- H1N1 Flu Outbreak Updates
- Safe Travel Message for R&R Leave Travelers - PDF 25 Kb
- Memorandum Ensures Redeploying Troops Get Access to Airports
USCENTCOM R&R PROGRAM UPDATE
In August 2011, the Secretary of the Army announced that on January 01, 2012, the Army would begin transitioning to a 9-month deployment cycle for General Purpose Forces (Division and below) supporting named operations outside the continental United States. This initiative will improve the quality of life of Soldiers and Families by decreasing the time Soldiers are separated from their Families. Soldiers who are deployed to the combat zone on 365 day or greater TCS deployment orders with a minimum of 270 days boots on ground (BOG) still remain eligible for the R&R benefit.
This website provides information of interest to R&R leave participants, such as: leave policies, frequently asked questions, links to various resources and organizations involved with the R&R Leave Program, recreational activities, and R&R news articles.
Questions regarding eligibility rules and the application of leave policies should be addressed to your chain of command within theater.