Uniform Policy

Contact Us

Who should contact G-1 with uniform policy questions?

Soldiers should address questions regarding AR 670-1 to their immediate chain of command. Senior leaders or Army Command G-1s needing clarification should contact G-1 Uniform Policy (from their official e-mail address) using the email address link below.

Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-1
DAPE-ZA-U (Uniform Policy)
300 Army Pentagon
Washington, DC 20310-0300

E-mail Address: Uniform Policy

How do Soldiers recommend changes to uniform policy?
  • Soldiers should submit a DA Form 2028 with full justification. The form must be endorsed through the chain of command (ACOM/ASSC/DRU level) to the Army G-1 for significant changes.
  • Decisions on uniform policies are completed through a board process after full legal review.
  • The Army's process of changing any item of an Army uniform (to include how items are worn) allows a thorough review before implementing any permanent changes.